8/15/2014

SWEET SUMMER DAYS





Summer afternoon – time is standing still. 
Sitting under the old magnolia tree.
Letting the mind wander, 
remembering those wonderful childhood summers. 








Your soft hands and warm kisses on my forehead would wake me in the morning.
You would ask about my dreams, your eyes sparkling. "A dragon?" You would
ask and smile, listening intently to my stories of the night.

Then our tiny feet would sleepily tumble down the 
stairs onto the sunlit terrace, to find our breakfast trays laden with summer treats.
Orane juice, croissants, marmalade, cherries and slices of oranges.






Leaving us with plenty of energy to ride the bike, 
spend hours on the swing in our garden,
climb over fences to hide in the forrest, drink endless 
glasses of sweet iced tea in  colourful glasses, 
climbing the trees in our garden,
splashing in our little pool. 







I can still smell  the sun lotion, hear the music playing from the
stereo. Can still feel the soft skirt brushing against my skin. I can still
remember those white wet sheets blowing in the evening  wind, 
all those warm summer rains and thunderstorms. 






I remember my little red bike and the rose bushes that I hit on my first 
ever solo ride... I remember my little pink swimsuit and how proud I felt to
be wearing it during those long summer afternoons in the pool. 
I can still hear the laughters from our neighbour kids running around
our garden.

Sweet endless summer days ...






.............................
camera: bronica sq-a
film: kodak portra 160 nc, expired
© nicole sprekelmann

No comments:

Post a Comment