9/05/2014

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE




This is a trip down memory lane, exactly the way I intended it to be.
The moment I step onto the small island I feel as if I am stepping back
into the past. I am my teenage self again, wandering the streets with 
my best friend. Two young girls full of mischief and laughter. 
We roamed these streets together like two stray cats, 
understanding each other blindly. 

I am sitting near Santa Maria della Salute, 
feet dangling in the water while I savor my figs. 
They will forever be the taste of Italy to me.
Remembering how we would live on ice-cream back then, 
tasting a new flavor with every cone we bought, 
grinning from ear to ear licking our  share of lampone,
limone and vaniglia.  









.............................
camera: bronica sq-a
film: kodak portra 160
© nicole sprekelmann

1 comment:

  1. I so love your photography dear nic*nilla...
    and the more I've scrolled down,
    the more inspired I'm getting to start experimenting with film...
    I've actually been following you on flickr for a while,
    and it was your comment over at hannah's that led me right here.
    Bookmarked with love, x

    ReplyDelete