9/03/2014

STONE ON STONE



Stone on stone I am amazed.
Stones of pastel colours make my eyes glaze
over with happiness. I walk the labyrinth like 
streets, turn right, turn left and turn again, 
hands softly brushing along pastel coloured walls and
crumbling stones. 






Could a city be more beautiful?
Could a city be washed in softer colours?
Could a city be more romantic?






Wherever I turn I find myself walking down a street even prettier 
than the one before. Another bridge, another palace, 
another building another dome taking my breath away. 
My feet keep walking, taking me ever deeper into the heart of the
city, soft steps on grey stones, breathing in the salty air.





.............................
camera: bronica sq-a
film: kodak portra 160
© nicole sprekelmann

No comments:

Post a Comment